Skip to main content

Steamed Broccoli with Cheddar Cheese Sauce

Broccoli might get stuck in your teeth, but French fries will get stuck in your ass!!! 🤣🤣


I have always loved eating broccoli but have seen many people running away from it. Ever since I have been on my Keto diet, broccoli has become my new BFF! It is one vegetable that is rich in fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin K and Iron. It also has a good amount of protein compared to other vegetables. 

I have liked making broccoli using my air fryer but I realized that it was not keeping me full for long. While searching the web I stumbled upon the cheddar cheese sauce and decided to try it myself. One serving of broccoli with cheese sauce is a good snack that keeps you going for a long time.


Ingredients: (Serves 3)

3 cups broccoli Florets steamed
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream
4-5 garlic cloves finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Method:
  • In a pan add heavy cream and cook over low heat. Once it begins to boil, add garlic and cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese has melted and sauce is smooth and thick.
  • Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
  • In a microwave safe bowl add a tsp of water and cook on high for 1 min.
  • Pour the cheese sauce over the broccoli and serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keto Pull Apart Bread with Garlic Butter Sauce

   Keto keto mein likha hota hai khanewala ka naam  😋                Recipe courtesy:  https://www.eatwell101.com/garlic-butter-keto-bread-recipe When you are on a Keto diet and salad becomes your best friend for the next few days.....you will definitely begin to miss the bread! I did too!! Found this recipe online and decided to try it out. Since I dont eat bacon I decided to follow the same recipe by omitting the bacon bits. The bread was very delicious and filling. I would make it again but would love to try something that is eggless since you eat so much eggs while on keto 😁 Ingredients: 2 1/2 cups  mozzarella , shredded 2 oz  cream cheese 3  eggs 1 1/2 cups  almond flour  (super-fine) 1 teaspoon  baking powder 1/2 cup grated  Parmesan 1 teaspoon  Italian seasoning The garlic butter sauce 1/4 cup browned  butter 4  garlic cloves , finely mi...

Mung Bean Sprouts Idli

   Idli is nothing but the batter post steam bath! Idli is one such South Indian breakfast that is prepared by fermenting ground rice and urad dal batter. This batter is steamed and served with an assortment of chutneys and sambhar. While on a keto diet, I realized that I was craving for Idlies and searched the internet to find no such recipe that was keto friendly. I did stumble upon few recipes which had either paneer or used baking soda to make the idlies. My friend Geetha made Idlies using Mung bean sprouts and that made me try making them out myself. This is a wonderful Keto Idli recipe as each Idli is only 1.8g net carbs. The recipe below yields 10 Idlies. Ingredients: 3 cups sprouted mung beans 1/4 inch ginger 1 small green chilly salt to taste water enough to grind Method: 30 mins before preparing the batter soak the mung bean sprouts in water. This will make sure the mung bean is clean. In a mixer jar add - drained mung bean sprouts, ginger, gr...