"It's not cheating on Keto......when the bread doesn't know it's you!"
Bread is something I guess most people on Keto begin to miss eventually. I did too and tried some variations of keto bread recipes available online. Most of the bread recipes had cheese and egg which I was not liking at all. On keto, we anyways eat a lot of egg and cheese and I wanted to avoid it.
Yesterday, I made Pav bhaji for my family as they are all home due to the COVID 19 outburst. While I made the bhaji the authentic way for my family, I did not want to make a whole new meal for myself. I ended up following Headbanger's Kitchen's recipe πand made some bhaji for myself.
https://headbangerskitchen.com/recipe/keto-pav-bhaji/
Pav Bhaji is incomplete without the Pav.....and why should we Keto dieters suffer π
I prepared an eggless and vegan version of a Pav in the microwave. Hope you like the recipe:
1 tbsp unsalted melted butter or ghee
Bread is something I guess most people on Keto begin to miss eventually. I did too and tried some variations of keto bread recipes available online. Most of the bread recipes had cheese and egg which I was not liking at all. On keto, we anyways eat a lot of egg and cheese and I wanted to avoid it.
Yesterday, I made Pav bhaji for my family as they are all home due to the COVID 19 outburst. While I made the bhaji the authentic way for my family, I did not want to make a whole new meal for myself. I ended up following Headbanger's Kitchen's recipe πand made some bhaji for myself.
https://headbangerskitchen.com/recipe/keto-pav-bhaji/
Pav Bhaji is incomplete without the Pav.....and why should we Keto dieters suffer π
I prepared an eggless and vegan version of a Pav in the microwave. Hope you like the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 tbsp flax seed powder
3 tbsp water
3 tbsp blanched almond flour
1/2 tbsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
Method:
- Melt the butter in a ramekin in the microwave. I used a small Pyrex container.
- To prepare the "flax egg", mix the flax seed powder and water.
- Place the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder and melted butter in a ramekin. I used a small Pyrex container.
- Stir in the flax egg mixture along with the dry ingredients. Knead it properly and place it in the pyrex container/ramekin and microwave for 1 minute, repeat in 30 second increments until firm (2-3 minutes).
- Use a spatula to loosen the edges and invert. Slice in half and toast if desired. Serve immediately.
Macros for the Pav:
Total carbs7 grams
Fiber4.4 grams
Sugars1.2 grams
Saturated fat8.7 grams
Sodium460 mg
Magnesium80 mg
Potassium195 mg


Comments
Post a Comment